Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Handmade Jump Rings - Silver Filled

Artisan Jewelry Findings
6mm ID Silver Filled
I create handmade jump rings in a variety of sizes and metals.  Today's feature metal is Silver Filled.   

2mm ID Silver Filled
I use 1/10 Silver Filled wire, which is NOT Silver Plated.  This high quality wire is made with Sterling Silver that is electroplated (bonded, similar to Gold Filled) onto a base metal, which my supplier uses red brass (CDA #220; 90% copper/10% zinc) and has a 10% silver thickness, greater than 1/20 wire which is only 5%.  As my supplier states: "The layer of Sterling Silver is hundreds of times thicker than silver plating." 

3mm ID Silver Filled
Silver Filled metal is bright and shiny and will not chip off like Silver Plated.  A great alternative to Sterling Silver at an affordable price.

I take my photos using the 'super macro' function for full details and to show the exposed ends of the metal.  Once closed, the exposed light brass ends will not be noticed.

4mm ID Silver Filled
If you're in need of an oxidize finish, then my Dark Gunmetal would be a great choice.  And as mentioned, the other metals that I use to create my handmade jump rings with are Sterling Silver, Copper and upon request, 14k Gold Filled.

Artisan Handmade Jewelry Findings - from my hands to yours.

Peace,
Rocki

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are awesome - thank you!